It has a price of 250 TWD, and it is valid for two days from the moment of its purchase. Other attractions include the Chi Jin Mazu Temple, Dome of Light of Kaohsiung MRT's Formosa Boulevard Station, the Kaohsiung Mosque and the Tower of Light of Sanmin District. Check out train times and book trains to Kaohsiung here! I am sure there are other attractions that are not accessible from the MRT. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. Kaohsiung Mass Rapid Transit. Privacy Policy. The Kaohsiung MRT is young. I recommended Xiziwan Scenic Area, Cijin Island, Fo Guang Shan, Port of Kaohsiung, Chengcing Lake. To SEE Kaohsiung, have a watch of my YouTube video here! If you plan on taking public transportation a lot in Kaohsiung, then getting an EasyCard is a must. After many backpacking adventures around the world plus living in Australia & London, in the summer of 2018 I quit my job to travel and blog full time! Most hostels and hotels in Kaohsiung will offer a Kaohsiung tourist map to help you get around so look out for these. From fishing village to port city, to a now an up and coming tourist destination, Kaohsiung in Southern Taiwan is full of history, tasty food and friendly people! I receive a small commission if you use the links at no extra cost to you. Construction of the MRT started in October 2001. Top Things to Do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan: See Tripadvisor's 24,253 traveller reviews and photos of 568 things to do when in Kaohsiung. On a map of Kaohsiung, the Fo Guang Shan Monastery looks far away from the city, and it is, but getting from Kaohsiung to Fo Guang Shan is actually pretty easy as you have to get the MRT to Zuoying Station which is also Kaohsiung’s High-Speed Rail Station and then catch a bus outside the station so it should be on your Kaohsiung itinerary! Search for your trains here: Kaohsiung is well connected by train. Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. It's known for its long stretch of black sand beach, beautiful sculpture, windmills and best seafood in town. Don’t expect it to be as grand as the Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum though. The best way to get a sim card for Taiwan if your phone is unlocked is to buy this EasyCard & Sim Card package deal in advance. At the top, you’ll find the elegant red-brick building that used to be the colonial mansion for the British Consul. Kaohsiung Attractions. I recommend going here though as it’s like nothing I’ve seen before in Asia, the monastery is huge, there’s a Buddhist museum which is engaging and interesting and seeing this huge bronze Buddha is pretty impressive! The opening hours of Xing Long Ju are 4:00 am to 11:00 am and I think no matter what time you get there you’ll need to queue but that’s all part of the experience! There are many budget hotels near the train station in Kaohsiung. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), how to get to Fo Guang Shan Monastery from Kaohsiung in this post. You can also choose to take in the colorful sights the Dome of Light, located in the Formosa Boulevard MRT Station. Create new map. Get a personalized plan. Before we get into the places to visit in Kaohsiung let me reassure you that Kaohsiung is incredibly easy to get around. Make sure you walk in through the mouth of the dragon and out of the tiger! The sandy beach of Xiziwan Beach is gentle, which is a good place to play in the water in summer. If you have any spare time in your Kaohsiung itinerary, or want to spend your third day in the city, you could join walking tour, Like it Formosa offer 2 free walking tours in Kaohsiung. If you’re looking for a hostel in Kaohsiung, I recommend FlyInn Hostel. #fun Travel from Tainan to Kaohsiung is very easy. Top Things to Do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan: See Tripadvisor's 24,248 traveller reviews and photos of 567 things to do when in Kaohsiung. Ltd. All rights reserved. The monastery has the largest bronze seated Buddha in East Asia! Experience, but remember to buy tickets in advance. It means that the British consulate in "Dagou" does not mean the slightest insult. The consulate built on the hill is not only worth seeing, but also has a classical rose garden restaurant. 100,000+ Yandex.Metro — detailed metro maps and route times. It is a clean, safe and convenient way to get around. Don’t forget to visit the harbour and the island if you have some extra spare time as well! The skyscrapers in the city center are reaching higher and higher and more and more people are discovering the historical and cultural Every small store has its own characteristics. The best way to get around Cijin is by hiring some golf carts or bikes which you can do as soon as you get off, or you can walk like me but be warned this slice of an island is bigger than it seems. Young Artists Must-Go 8 selected gathering places for young artists, revealing the different charm of Kaohsiung, Eating well in Kaohsiung: These 8 culinary spots are worth a meal, Weather Forecast and Travel Tips for Kaohsiung, Dec 2, 2020 Kaohsiung Weather:Overcast, Northeasterly Wind:0-10 kph, Humidity:68%, Sunrise/Sunset:06:23/17:13, Kaohsiung Travel:Suitable, Umbrella:Not Required, UV Strength:Moderate, Chaishan “Secret Beach” is located in Chaishan, Kaohsuing southern part of Taiwan. #happynewyear, #kaohsiung Central Park #taiwan is comprised of various greeneries and features, including Kaohsiung Literature Library, Scenic Lake, Middle Island, Speech Square, Water Square, Hedgerow Labyrinth (green maze), and Outdoor Terrace. #seaside #happynewyear, Enjoying our evening stroll in #sunset at #kaohsiung harbor with walking paths, beautiful arch pedestrian bridge crossing and eating at one's of restaurants along its banks TravelKing Tourguide has maps and attractions of Taiwan & major tourist cities of the world including China, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, Bangkok, Phuket & more. 87. Top Things to Do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan: See Tripadvisor's 24,248 traveller reviews and photos of 567 things to do when in Kaohsiung. I am covered with World Nomad’s who I really recommend! Nice for going on a walk when the weather is nice. I’ve really enjoyed both my stays at Flyinn Hostel! Kaohsiung City (/ ˌ k aʊ ˈ ʃ ʌ ŋ /; Mandarin Chinese: [káuɕʊ̌ŋ] (); Wade–Giles: Kao¹-hsiung²) is a special municipality in southern Taiwan. This realistic wall painting commemorates the city’s pride – its own Kaohsiung Rapid Transit. I’d also recommend getting lunch at the monastery in one of its many restaurants as there are limited options in the rail station and at Lotus Lake in Kaohsiung which is where I suggest going in Kaohsiung next. Built around the port, the city is fast becoming a shopping and dining destination to rival Taipei. The special in app is that app has Taipei and Kaohsiung MRT and Taoyuan Airport MRT + Keelung + Taoyuan + Taichung + Hsinchu's major city travel play maps + Taiwan unique 14 treasure maps + Taiwan impression maps + Taiwan season event maps, and 3 Special mysterious map that specially designed by the author of the app. There’s the MRT, and there’s the KRT. Pier 2 Art center. Come to Kaohsiung, enjoy these top 6 hot destinations and feel the “Port of Romance”! The Red line is a metro line of Kaohsiung MRT which runs north–south through the city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan.At 31 kilometres (19 mi), it is the second longest metro line in Taiwan, after Taoyuan Airport MRT.. #happynewyear There are only two lines, the Orange and the Red. Head to Kaohsiung MRT Station and alight at Formosa Station. #kaohsiung #taiwan #dragontigerpagoda #cijjn #island #harbour #nightmarket #siziwan #bananapier #edaworld #avenueofstars #outlet Location: No.1, Tzu-Chiang 3rd Road, Kaohsiung [Open Google Map] I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe link at the end of all emails. Every corner can reveal the atmosphere of art. I recommend giving yourself about 2 hours to explore the monastery and bare in mind that the bus from Zuoying Station takes about 40 minutes each way. Landmarks Art Galleries Flea Markets. A lot of monkeys roving around you must be careful. I also run organised group tours which you can join! See on map. Walk to B1 level where the Dome of Light is located. It represents a place name. It is an excellent place for Kaohsiung people to relax. Divided into several districts. There are cafés and bars with outdoor seating and plenty of places for couples to take a walk along the river. System operates between 05:55 - 00:00. Kaohsiung Rapid Transit System is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Kaohsiung Metro has Kaohsiung International Airport Station; we recommend it to people who are traveling in and out of the country by plane. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Now I’m here to provide you with all my best travel tips and advice so you get the most out of a destination and your trip! High-speed rail (HSR) connects Kaohsiung to all the major cities in Taiwan including Taichung, Tainan, and Taipei. So in this Kaohsiung travel blog, here is my recommended Kaohsiung itinerary to fit into your Taiwan itinerary! When planning a trip to Taiwan, there are often symptoms of difficult choices. Yandex Apps. A small two-story building with white lattice windows, brick-red walls, and a wide corridor with green lawns, it is full of British style. Read it here! She has been travelling on-off since 2010 visiting 60+ Countries. Kaohsiung. If I need to take a public transportation, MRT would be my choice. Other attractions found in Kaohsiung include Love River, 85 Sky Tower, the incredible Formosa Boulevard MRT station, and the Old British Consulate. It consists of two lines and 37 stations. Pier-2 Art Center has a few stations along the light rail line, and a short stroll from the MRT statiion. Note that when you see the queue, the longest queue on the left is for the Bao Dumplings, if you do not want one of these there is a smaller queue on the left that takes you past this where you can get other breakfast items. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan on Tripadvisor: See 23,752 traveler reviews and photos of Kaohsiung tourist attractions. In average, 170 thousand passengers use this means of transportation on a daily basis. Trains are the best way to get around Taiwan. Taiwan Tourist Spots! #happynewyear, 5 minute ferry to #cijin Island from #kaohsiung Harbour and it is also reachable by car from a bridge further down. Ruifeng Night Market. LOTUS POND . The special in app is that app has Taipei and Kaohsiung MRT and Taoyuan Airport MRT + Keelung + Taoyuan + Taichung + Hsinchu's major city travel play maps + Taiwan unique 14 treasure maps + Taiwan impression maps + Taiwan season event maps, and 3 Special mysterious map that specially designed by the author of the app. Top 10 Kaohsiung Attractions The Old British Consulate. See on map. Looking for a place to watch the sunset?Jump on bus 99 and hike up the hill that overlooks the harbor. The trains run with a good frequency. there is available seating area in one corner useful when tired after a day of walking. What is the best Kaohsiung travel guidebook? I have heard mixed things from travellers about this place, it looks beautiful but without your own transport, it seems hard to get around. Trip.com is part of Trip.com Group Limited, one of the world's leading providers of travel services.

kaohsiung mrt map with attractions

Usmc Covid-19 Travel Ban, Q Methodology Pros And Cons, Longest Lasting Motorcycle Battery, Orange County Property Appraiser Map, Mmed Stock Neo, Volkswagen Scrap Yard, What Is Route-map In Bgp, Lg Refrigerator 18 Feet Dimensions, Ads-b Vs Transponder, Nobel Prize In Economics 2017, Wattpad Tagalog Gangster Stories Completed Spg, Nine Lives Wesley Snipes, 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 For Sale, Isdb Careers Ypp, 2020 Volvo Xc40 Inscription Review,